Home | Careers
Watch for the next career opportunity with our Edmonton law firm
We are seeking candidates with one to five years of experience, for litigation and solicitor work within the firm, together with whatever files the candidate may bring on their own.
Students are welcome to submit their resumes, provided only that they are within the approved window from the Alberta Law Society, if applicable.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant - Paralegal for a permanent full-time position.
The primary functions of this position include the following:
- Daily dicta-typing, drafting and revising of various correspondence, including service of document letters, letters to process servers, proof of claim forms, letters reporting to client;
- Drafting and filing of court documents including applications and affidavits;
- Scheduling appointments, court reporters, examinations for discovery, and court dates;
- Managing deadlines by appropriate diarizing, tracking and pulling files for review to ensure limitation dates are recorded, tracking dates for Litigation Plan updates, and assistance in maintaining case management and client reporting binders/files;
- Photocopying, filing, maintenance of precedents, opening and closing of files;
- Time entry, request for cheques, production and revisions to pre-bills, send out client accounts and follow up on past due accounts;
- Litigation support on assigned files, including;
- Loading and coding, exports and imports of all electronic data from emails, Word Documents, etc.
- Review clients' record production, and draft Affidavits of Records;
- Review opposing parties record production, and obtain copies where necessary;
- Obtain copies of exhibits listed in transcripts;
- Review Case Management memoranda, track deadlines;
- When appropriate, deal with clients and opposing counsel;
Working knowledge of or proficiency with iPro Discovery Local is desirable, but not required as training will be offered;
The successful candidate must be punctual and have exceptional interpersonal skills with a professional mature work ethic, be highly organized, focused and attentive to detail. Typing speed, accuracy and word processing skills are also valuable skills.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Submit Your Resume
Please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and time; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.