Home | FAQS | Municipal & Administrative Law FAQs

Get answers to your questions about municipal and administrative law

Does Sharek Logan & van Leenen LLP provide legal services for Alberta municipalities?

Yes, we are regularly engaged to handle the following legal aspects of municipal law:

  • bylaw drafting and analysis
  • interpretation and application of the Municipal Government Act
  • the formation of Regional Services Commissions
  • preparation of Development Agreements for new subdivisions
  • structure and function of fire and emergency services      

Do you represent Associations?

Yes, we have acted on behalf of associations on a variety of legal matters.

Do you have experience with Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges?

Yes, we helped a number of associations form and operate their reciprocal insurance exchanges.

Have you handled Equalized Assessment Appeals?

Yes, we have helped municipalities in Alberta appeal their equalized assessment to the Municipal Government Board in the Province.  We have also represented the Alberta Provincial Government at these hearings.



Yes, I have legal questions about Municipal and Administrative Law

Please complete the form below to submit your inquiry to our Municipal and Administrative Law professionals.  We will review your request and respond as soon as possible.  Thank you.

Please wait while we load the rest of the form.

logo for Edmonton Food Bank

Help us feed the Edmonton Food Bank

Every month the Edmonton Food Bank:

  • serves over 20,000 individuals
  • provides food for nearly 500,000 meals
  • provides snacks through 250 agencies, schools, churches and food depots

They need our help.

More Information

Privacy Policy | The Fine Print
Website Design By:
edmonton website design - Selaris Web Media Inc.