Bren Cargill, Associate
Bren joined Sharek Logan & van Leenen LLP as a Student-at-Law in August, 2017, and was called to the Alberta Bar on Friday, September 28, 2018.
Bren received his Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan in 2017. During his time in law school, Bren was heavily involved with the Law Students Association in his roles as a Community Outreach Officer and as the Third Year Faculty Representative. Bren also served as the Vice-President of Promotions for the Corporate Law Club and served as Captain of the co-rec curling team.
Prior to attending law school, Bren received two bachelors' degrees from the University of Alberta, the first majoring in English and the second in Political Science.
Over the years Bren also spent time working in road construction and repair in the city of Edmonton.
When not working hard at the office you can find Bren at his local curling rink during the winter. Bren's other interests include golfing, fishing, kayaking and figuring out what vegetables will, and won't, grow in his garden.
- Construction Law & Builders' Liens
- Commercial Contractual Dispute Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Debtor & Creditor Rights
- Condominium Law
- Municipal Law
- Wills & Estates
- General Civil Litigation
- University of Alberta - Bachelor of Arts, English, 2007-2012
- University of Alberta - Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction), Political Science & History, 2012-2014
- University of Saskatchewan - Juris Doctor (with Distinction), 2014-2017